on this page
MODE is set to DC PLATEDo not switch between modes at all (only "plate" is allowed)
VOLTS is at 1800 (red arrow).
- Open chamber lid carefully to place sample on stage
- Replace lid.
- Turn power ON and place slight pressure on lid to start vacuum seal
- Press VAC button to start the vacuum process.
- Once pressure hits 100 mTorr, VAC light will switch on
- Press GAS button to flow argon into chamber
- Press HV button to ignite plasma and start sputtering process.
You will see the pressure rise after the plasma ignites (pink-purple glow).
This is normalIf plasma flickering develops, check pressure and current
- Run sputtering process until deposition is ~10 nm (about 300 seconds).
Current should be ~10 mA.
- Once process is complete, turn off GAS and HV.
- Press STOP to turn off pump.
- Press and hold PURGE button in order to vent chamber with N2.
- Once chamber is fully vented, turn power OFF.
- Open chamber to retrieve sample.
- Replace Lid.